Count the Bad Mommies

Saturday, April 19, 2008

An intro of sorts...


Slackeriffic I know....

But here is my little intro, welcome to my world, and dont forget to wipe your feet...I hate cleaning carpets.
Okay…My Three things….
I really love bad eighties music.
I am shy and nerdy, and I say horrible things when I do manage to open my mouth in public… a closed mouth gathers no foot I guess.
I am a total magpie, hoarding anything colourful and shiny.

Jamie…
Hmmmmm.
She loves snakes, she sings along to songs she may only have heard once, replacing words she doesn’t know with whatever feels right e.g.: her take on the final countdown – by Europe “It’s the final [popcorn],
We’re heading for [Jesus] and [will] we stand [up]Cause maybe they’ve seen us and [jump on] us allWith so many [fighters] to go and things to be [drowned]”
She draws constantly, sometimes getting up in the middle of the night because “mommy, I just have to colour in”
She is obsessed with Marilyn Monroe, and spends most of her time at home wearing my bras and heels, telling everyone they’re “just elegant” or saying “I told you, I’m not very bright” in a dreamy breathless voice…

My quote isn’t really mom related, but its how I feel…
In national velvet Elizabeth Taylor [Velvet Brown] says “I want it all quickly 'cause I don't want God to stop and think and wonder if I'm getting more than my share.”
That’s kind of how I feel, I just want to grab every second of this fabulous little person, because I never know what tomorrow holds…

Audrey Hepburn would be my mommy role model, she kept her kids out of the spotlight and raised normal human beings, I can respect that.

My one wish?
I just want my little girl to have enough of a childhood and grow up with a measure of integrity.

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

helloooo... and welcome to an exceptionally quiet inter-blogger-web of late!