Count the Bad Mommies

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blasphemy

Duplicate post from my site


I can't believe that our *government decided that easter was falling during an inconvenient time so they promptly shifted it one month back! Ok, I can.. just wanted to appear shocked...
Whats next Christmas in November??

I told my boys because its a leap year the easter bunny only gives easter eggs to adults.. They weren't happy... Now before you go all "shame man, cruel mother" on me, consider the facts...

1. they are 13 and 9 years old..

2. they pretend to believe in the easter bunny for the chocolate..

and if they can play this game why cant I play along?

;-)

B

*government - I have since been told that the government is working in conjunction with the moon phases and Equinox… I am not aware of how dangerous this Equinox is but proceed with caution when encountered..just to be safe.. Weather is kak here at the moment so I am going back to bed..

Over and Out!

P.S. sorry its a copy but work has me strangled at the moment... :-)

4 comments:

Rushie said...

I think you are a little confused, as funny as the picture is and the note on the kids "pretending" for chocolate, our goverment didnt change Easter??? Easter falls on this weekend around the world, it is in sync with the phases of the moon and the Roman calendar, nothing to do with goverments, I am a Anglican and I know for a fact that this is the religious time for Easter in 2008, nothing more nothing less... hope this takes away some of the Easter angst.

The Divine Miss M said...

Ye the government has nothing to do with when easter is! This is the earliest that Easter has fallen since close to 1913 though I think ... hence why a lot of people are confused.

I'm pissed though as the weather is still shite here at the moment and our long weekend is being screwed by that.

AngelConradie said...

ah yes, kidlets "playing along"...
damien played along with writing a letter to santa till he was about 13 just coz he knew it was what i wanted!
we still follow a lot of "classic" traditions- like easter egg hunting & christmas gift suprises. i'm lucky he likes doing things like that with me still.

Briget said...

rushie - ja ja ja , I got the downhoe from the office religion guru alklaar... but i still think its the wrong time of year and the government is always at the root of all things wonky..

Miss M - 1913? You see what I mean? the government had a hand in that one too.. lol

Angel - Its my own fault for entertaining them.. they are actually busy making easter baskets for the hunt.. can you bloody believe it.. they cant believe the "bunny would be so cruel!"

B