Count the Bad Mommies

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Kid Update

My absence has been inexcusable.


Let me fill you in on what's happening with The Kid:



  • He has one tooth. One at the bottom. It's partner is taking so long to come through. He was completely miserable throughout. He now bites me. Often. Little snot.

  • He has discovered how to leopard crawl. You know, dragging himself along the floor by his arms. He's exploring everything, pulling the curtains, the plugs, the TV cables. And always wants to touch the heater. And cries and wobbles his bottom lip when I sternly say 'no, dont touch'.

  • He has been sick this last week. Flu and ear infection. He only wants his mommy, wants nothing to do with his father. Has been so miserable I have renamed him The Prince of Darkness. On the plus side, he now drinks his medicine out of a spoon (previously I had to use a syringe) and doesn't spill any. Think he might be becoming a Stopayne addict.

  • When he's really miserable I let him sleep between The Boyfriend and myself. He either sleeps right up against my back, or sleeps under his dad's armpit.

  • He's eating solids. Refuses vegetables. Only eats fruit and cereal. Still loves his milk. Toast and Bovril or toast and honey is the bomb, as far as he's concerned. Getting quite good at feeding himself from a selection of fruit pieces and little squares of toast. Even though a good portion of it gets mashed into his hair and on his lap.

  • He's sleeping through the night. From 6pm to 6 am. Every night. Bless.

Am a very grateful bad mommy. And all you others? What's new in your lives??

4 comments:

Captain Mary said...

I must be a bad mommy too, I still remember when my kids went through the same thing, now my grandchildren do it, the great part is I can send them home

AngelConradie said...

aw he is just so cute!!!

Sweets said...

cute! how old is he now?

how all of that brought back memories!!!

LarryG said...

dats so sweet...
take a screen shot of the weblog so you can have it on file for him when he gets old enough to appreciate it :)